Methodology and technologies for digital investigation of multimedia contents
Basic course on methodology and techniques for in-depth analysis of multimedia contents
Lawyers, Magistrates, Judges, Forensic Experts, Law Enforcement.
When a multimedia content (digital image, video sequence, audio track) is used as possible evidence, its correct analysis allows to access to a large amount of information related to the digital data and its semantic content. Following an appropriate methodology for digital investigation allows to know the history of the multimedia data: through the application of Multimedia Forensics technology it is possible to trace back to the originating device, to know when/where the content has been captured, to verify the authenticity of the digital data and determine any manipulations, to improve the intelligibility of the content and extract important semantic information.
- Multimedia content characteristics
- Methodologies for digital investigation of multimedia contents
- Metadata: types and their analysis; impact of social networks on metadata
- audio-visual analysis
- source device identification
- Authenticity verification
- Enhancement and analysis of content
- Practical session: metadata extraction and analysis; source device identification; authenticity verification; enhancement and analysis of content (ExifTool, JPEGsnoop, Amped Authenticate, Amped FIVE)